All the reading challenges at Riedel Fascination run February 1, 2017 to January 31, 2018 so we don’t have to do wrap-up posts during Christmas and New Year’s time. So these three challenges begin soon and I am signing up as a returning challenge follower!
This will be my second year for Celtic Coasts and I found that I read many books last year with a tie to Ireland, Wales, or Scotland in setting or author. So it will be fun to find some more this year. Maybe with a larger variety; we’ll see how it goes.
This will also be my second year for My Kind of Mystery and I got lots of mysteries read last year in working on my TBR shelves, so I anticipate another great round of mysteries of all varieties.
This will be my fourth year to join in the fun of Gentle Spectrums, both A & B. The A choice is Limitless Palette which includes book titles with colours or colour associations. The B choice is Gentle Subjects which gives us a list of 10 broad subjects to find at least one book each that fills the bill. This year’s subjects are:
(01) HISTORY: Historic people, content, places, symbols, books set in or of 1967 and older.
(03) THE SKY: Elements by day or night, astronomy, spiritual terms.
(04) CANADIAN: Titles do not need to match this category. Canadian authors or features will do.
(05) MONEY, VALUABLE, CLASS
(06) MUSIC: Musical Words/names do not need to appear. Books may be about music, musicians, and authored by them.
(07) IS THE THIRD A CHARM?: Titles associated with “three”. A third volume, or your third book with an author. In a series, it could be any volume if it is your third sojourn with that author. Comment on whether it is a dip or a rise!
(08) TRADITIONS, PRACTICES, CELEBRATIONS
(09) ALL CRITTERS
(10) CLOTHING, FASHION