I accomplished all my 2012 challenges and even went beyond on some, and now it’s time to sign-up for 2013 challenges. A new year ahead full of lots of reading possibilities!
“For this challenge I have chosen ten key words associated with each month in 2013. Your task is to read one book each month whose title includes one or more of the key words for that month.” Monthly Key Words:
I like this challenge and I participated in #2, #3 and #5, so here I go again. Between January 1 and December 31, 2013, read one book in each of the following categories:
- A book with up or down (or equivalent) in the title
- A book with something you’d find in your kitchen in the title
- A book with a party or celebration in the title
- A book with fire (or equivalent) in the title
- A book with an emotion in the title
- A book with lost or found (or equivalent) in the title
Read nine books in the following categories between January 1 and December 31, 2013.
1. A book with “Blue” or any shade of Blue (Turquoise, Aquamarine, Navy, etc) in the title.
2. A book with “Red” or any shade of Red (Scarlet, Crimson, Burgundy, etc) in the title.
3. A book with “Yellow” or any shade of Yellow (Gold, Lemon, Maize, etc.)in the title.
4. A book with “Green” or any shade of Green (Emerald, Lime, Jade, etc) in the title.
5. A book with “Brown” or any shade of Brown (Tan, Chocolate, Beige, etc) in the title.
6. A book with “Black” or any shade of Black (Jet, Ebony, Charcoal, etc) in the title.
7. A book with “White” or any shade of White (Ivory, Eggshell, Cream, etc) in the title.
8. A book with any other color in the title (Purple, Orange, Silver, Pink, Magneta, etc.).
9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.).
The challenge runs from January 1, 2013 and ends December 31, 2013 and you must choose the level you wish to participate:
Level 1 – Snoop – Read at least 6 books
Level 2 – Investigator – Read 7-12 books
Level 3 – Super Sleuth – Read 13 or more books
I’m going to be a Level 2 Investigator this year. I’ve got some series I’m working on and want to keep going.
In 2009 I participated in their WWII challenge and not the War Through the Generation’s 2013 reading challenge will be the American Revolution. The challenge will run from January 1, 2013, through December 31, 2013.
This year you have options when reading your fiction, nonfiction, graphic novels, etc. with the American Revolution as the primary or secondary theme.
Books can take place before, during, or after the war, so long as the conflicts that led to the war or the war itself are important to the story. Books from other challenges count so long as they meet the above criteria.
Dip: Read 1-3 books in any genre with the American Revolution as a primary or secondary theme.
Wade: Read 4-10 books.
Swim: Read 11 or more books.
I’m going to Wade and read 4-10 books this year.
Challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2013 and books must be owned by you prior to January 1, 2013. Last year’s levels were slightly different and I made it up Mt. Ararat with 40 books and almost made it to 50 by the end of 2012. I kept getting distracted by library books and newly purchased used books. So I’m for this challenge again so that I can clear another shelf.
I’m signing up for Mt. Vancouver!
Pike’s Peak: Read 12 books from your TBR pile
Mount Blanc: Read 24 books from your TBR pile
Mt. Vancouver: Read 36 books from your TBR pile
Mt. Ararat: Read 48 books from your TBR piles
Mt. Kilimanjaro: Read 60 books from your TBR pile
El Toro: Read 75 books from your TBR pile
Mt. Everest: Read 100 books from your TBR pile
Mount Olympus (Mars): Read 150+ books from your TBR pile
Books, Scott and Sue Family, Sue on December 26th, 2012