This is the eighth annual Cruisin’ thru the Cozies hosted by Yvonne at Socrates’ Book Reviews and 2018 is my 6th year to participate. I always reach Level 4 – Sleuth Extraordinaire, but in keeping with my word for this year, I am lightening my load and rather than jettison this fun challenge, I am going to lower my level to Level two (Investigator). Then I can still have fun and not stress myself, which I feel is a good compromise and really, the purpose of doing a reading challenge.
Level one (Snoop) –
A) Read 10 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read one book in each of the cozy sub-genres (total of 10 books)
Level two (Investigator) –
A) Read 20 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read all the books in level one plus an additional 10 cozy books of your choice (total of 20)
Level three (Super Sleuth) –
A) Read 30 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read two books from each sub-genre in level one plus an additional 10 cozy books of your choice (total of 30 books)
Level four (Sleuth Extraordinaire) –
A) Read 40 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read two books from each sub-genre in level one plus an additional 20 cozy books of your choice (total of 40 books)
The sub-genre categories and my TBR hopefuls:
– One from culinary (The Diva Takes the Cake by Krista Davis)
– One from animal-related (The Real Macaw by Donna Andrews)
– One from craft-related (A Drunkard’s Path by Clare O’Donohue)
– One from paranormal (The Witch is Dead by Shirley Damsgaard)
– One from cozy mysteries based outside the US (Weeping on Wednesday by Ann Purser)
– One career-based cozy mystery (Devil’s Trumpet by Mary Freeman)
– One holiday-based (Aunt Dimity’s Christmas by Nancy Atherton)
– One travel mystery (The Moche Warrior by Lyn Hamilton)
– One historical mystery (The Darling Dahlias and the Texas Star by Susan Wittig Albert)
– One is your choice! (Aunt Dimity’s Good Deed by Nancy Atherton)
-Plus 10 cozies of my choice