The tenth annual What’s In A Name challenge was once again hosted by The Worm Hole. I began the fun in 2009 so I joined again this year. I identified books from my TBR stacks at the beginning of the year to fulfill this challenge and in the end, I only went with two of my original ideas. Of the other four, only one was on TBR shelf, so half isn’t bad, I guess. One of the new books was read for book club.
The rules are simple-Read one book from each category during the year.
The Categories & what I read:
- A number in numbers: Mr. Penumbra’s 24 Hour Bookstore, Robin Sloan
- A building: Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey: The Lost Legacy of Highclere Castle, Fiona Carnarvon
- A title which has an ‘X’ somewhere in it: The Xibalba Murders, Lyn Hamilton
- A compass direction: The Way West (Big Sky #2), A.B. Guthrie, Jr.
- An item/items of cutlery: The Legend of Jimmy Spoon (Jimmy Spoon #1), Kristiana Gregory
- A title in which at least two words share the same first letter – alliteration! Agatha Raisin and the Case of the Curious Curate (Agatha Raisin #13), M.C. Beaton